• 10th Annual DC VegFest Bringing Food and Fun September 15 Vegan Magazine
• DC VegFest announces date and keynote speakers for 2018 Mens Life DC
• DC VegFest 2018 WBIG
• Dr. Neal Barnard and Ginny Messina Among Speakers At 2018 DC VegFest Plant Based News
• The 10th Annual VegFest is Coming Soon to DC Lady Freethinker
• DC VegFest 2018: See You There! Meaty Vegan
• “Protest Kitchen” Launch at Washington DC VegFest CarolJAdams.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Heather Shaw Menis, Fifth & Main PR
firstname.lastname@example.org | 202.468.4349
Tenth Annual DC VegFest Bringing Food and Fun to Yards Park September 15
Washington, DC – July 24,2018 Compassion Over Killing (COK) is proud to present the 10th annual DC VegFest on Saturday, September 15, 2018. Hosted outdoors at famed Yards Park in the nation’s capital, the DC VegFest is a free fun-filled festival of food, music, education, and inspiration with more than 20,000 attendees who join the celebration each year.
Featuring over 120 vendors and exhibitors, thousands of festival-goers – vegans and pre-vegans alike – will experience plant-based eating’s many flavors, and learn how each of us can protect the planet, our health, and animals simply by enjoying vegan meals.
On the main stage, emceed by rapper Grey, celebrity speakers will share inspiring talks and expert chefs will dazzle the crowd with their culinary creations.
This year’s DC VegFest keynote speakers include:
- Carol Adams (Author & Activist) and Ginny Messina (Registered Dietician & Author)
- Joe Yonan (Food and Dining Editor, The Washington Post)
- Tracye McQuirter (30-Year Vegan, Author, Public Health Nutritionist)
- Dr. Neal Barnard (President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine)
- Jerri Evans (Owner, Turning Natural)
- Beverly Kumari (Cookbook Author and Chef)
- Mike Wolf (Director of Investigations, Compassion Over Killing)
- Chef Nikki (Chef, Activist, and Fitness Competitor)
A new TryVeg tasting booth will be hosted by Jessica Carter, COK’s talented Vegan Food & Lifestyle Coach, seen often on DC morning shows. The Kid’s Zone will have interactive activities including storytime, a cooking demo, and a talk by author Eric Lindstrom, COK’s Director of Marketing.
Popular local restaurant chain Busboys and Poets will host our Beer Garden and Music Tent with local brews and musicians. Tails will be wagging in the shaded Barking Lot sponsored and operated by Humane Rescue Alliance, which will also have adoptable animals on site.
“Since 2009, DC VegFest has been bringing the community together, through fun and flavors, for a day of compassionate celebration that pre-vegans and vegans can all enjoy,” says Erica Meier, Executive Director of Compassion Over Killing.
“As we mark our 10th annual DC VegFest, expecting 25,000 to join us, Compassion Over Killing is thrilled that Washington, DC is home to an abundance of delicious and nutritious plant-based food and, as the nation’s capital, is setting a positive tone for a much-needed national dialogue about the far-reaching impact of our food choices on the planet, our health, and animals,” Meier adds.
Vegan food will be served by dozens of vendors including Vegan Treats, Amsterdam Falafelshop, Brewing Good Coffee, Bakeshop DC, Revolution Gelato, and YogiDog.
Over 100 nonprofit and commercial exhibitors will set up shop for the day: Dr. Bronner’s, A Well-Fed World, Roots Market, Barnard Medical Center, TryVeg.com, and many more.
Drawing a line of 2,000 people before the start of the festival, free commemorative tote bags, stocked with gifts and samples from our sponsors, will be given out to the first 1,000 attendees.
For more information, visit DCVegFest.com.
# # #
Compassion Over Killing (COK) is a nonprofit animal protection organization working to end the abuse of farmed animals through undercover investigations, litigation, corporate outreach, public education, and other advocacy programs. http://cok.net